Sr Electrical Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
14520 Botts Road
Kansas City, MO 64147, US
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
***This position is in Kansas City, MO***
Summary of Duties:
This position will provide engineering support to a broad range of customer sponsored projects within the Global Security organization.
Job duties may include:
- Analyzes routine to moderately complex electrical designs & specifications to determine the original design intent of components and assemblies
- Recommends cost effective and reliable manufacturing methods for fabrication
- Lead a small team in the design, testing, & evaluation of electrical assemblies, components & tools
- Interacts with other designers, suppliers, & internal organizations to assist in resolving design, development, production, & acceptance issues
- Identifies opportunities for defect prevention and recommends corrective actions based on standard or accepted technical practices
- Use advanced electrical engineering knowledge by working on exciting products and processes serving customers globally
- Refine & expand engineering skills in a team-based culture by working with innovative products and technologies
- Partner with various project teams to solve complex electrical engineering problems
- May include electronic test system design, analog and digital circuit design and analysis, PCB evaluation, design and troubleshooting
- May perform other duties as required
- Some domestic travel to partner sites may be required < 25%
You Must Have:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited Engineering program, or a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics from an accredited program
- Six (6) or more years of professional engineering experience
- US Citizenship needed to obtain and maintain required US Dept of Energy ""Q"" level security clearance
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Self-motivated, pro-active, and the ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Superior ability to provide technical guidance, consultative services, and innovative solutions as well as utilizing problem solving skills
- Ability to interface effectively with support organizations, internal customers, and external customers through oral or written communication
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present to a large audience or critical customer
- Experience in directing and delegating tasking for junior engineers and technicians with the ability to motivate individuals and teams to produce on-target and timely results
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision making
- The ability to re-engineer and understand the operation of analog and digital circuits using schematics and computer simulation software
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.