Sr. Energy Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
14520 Botts Road
Kansas City, MO 64147, US
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Energy Experience That Pays Off
Do you want to be a key part of a leading energy services company? Honeywell has completed over 5,000 energy efficiency projects to deliver more than $5 billion in utility and operational savings. We strive to provide our customers with innovative, reliable, and cost-effective energy and water solutions.
We are currently seeking a Senior Energy Engineer to be based in Kansas, Nebraska or Missouri to develop projects in this and nearby areas. In this capacity you will develop projects for public sector customers: municipalities, schools, higher education, airports, hospitals. You will provide both external and internal. You will foster cross-functional alignment to customer needs. You will participate in pursuit strategy planning and customer negotiations.
Job responsibilities – Associated skills:
- Perform Technical Audits and Solution Development – Ability to develop an investment grade energy audit of facilities. Identify and document existing conditions, compare those to current facility requirements, and develop solutions that meets the customer’s technical, sustainability and financial requirements. Perform a financial analysis to demonstrate the viability of the technical solution.
- Communication and Coordination – Ability to work with a diverse team and capacity to adopt best practices and process enhancements. Ability to develop contract documents in accordance with standard Honeywell practices. Coordinate with internal Sales, Proposal, Measurement and Verification, Delivery and Contracts teams.
- Ability to work remotely and independently and to travel. An estimated 20% travel will be required.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering/technical discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing facility energy solutions
- Professional engineering (PE) registration
- Ownership, drive, self-motivation, and initiative
- Certification as Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Project development experience: $1M - $20M Projects
- Verbal and written communications skills, including technical proposal writing
- Working knowledge of Building Automation and HVAC systems
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster strong customer relationships
- Category: Sales Support
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA