Sr Engineering Manager - Regulatory/Certification Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
One Firelite Pl
Northford, CT 06472, US
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
At Honeywell, we look for people driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
Honeywell Building Technologies (HBT) is a strategic business unit within Honeywell. HBT innovates to protect and save lives worldwide every day. It is a global leader in commercial fire systems and commercial security products. Its quality products, integrated system solutions, and services make life safer, more comfortable, more secure, and more productive in every corner of our world. You can find leading-edge HBT technology is all around you, including at airports, hotels, healthcare institutions, business centers, stadiums, industries, and schools.
The HBT Regulatory Team has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Engineering Manager – Product Stewardship, Regulatory & Compliance within our Global Regulatory Team.
The preferred candidate will be highly motivated with demonstrated initiative and have product design expertise with deep knowledge of product development methodologies within a regulated environment.
Act as a Sr Engineering Manager responsible for team leadership within the Global Regulatory team. Core responsibilities include:
- Lead global team of Regulatory Compliance professionals to support New Product Introduction (NPI) and Maintenance of existing HBT products
- Interpret UL, FM, CSA, EN, CE, VdS, FCC product standard requirements and advise engineering teams on product design strategies to ensure compliance
- Anticipate changes to and review new products for compliance to RoHS, EPR, and Reach requirements for EU and similar Global Requirements
- Monitor and anticipate changes to emerging regulations within global markets impacting HBT products.
- Develop global strategies in partnership with Regulatory service providers to reduce cycle time
- Provide leadership and training to team members. Advise staff on process methodologies, procedures, and project management
- Ensure Honeywell product development methodologies including Agile, release trains, and waterfall methodologies yield maximum efficiency and benefits
- Make staffing and salary management decisions, develop team members, set goals, mentor, and coach
- Product design areas include mechanical design, electrical design, and software design/functionality
You Must Have:
- BS (or international equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
- 5 years of people management experience
- 10 years related industry experience
- 5 years of experience working directly with standards agencies or external regulators
- Effective verbal and written communication skills (English is required)
- Experience working with remote teams
- Basic knowledge of MS Office and computer skills
- Green/Black Belt Certified
- Experience working with UL, FM, BRE, VdS, AFNOR, CE, RoHS, EPR, Reach
- Expertise in applying Honeywell Operating System principles for New Product Development
- Category: Engineering
- Location: One Firelite Pl, Northford, CT 06472 USA