Sr Mechanical Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
14520 Botts Road
Kansas City, MO 64147, US
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
***This position is in Kansas City, MO***
Mechanisms Product Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Completes assignments and provides detailed instructions in the manufacturing of new and current projects, products, programs, components, tools and acceptance equipment under technical guidance of higher level engineers or departmental management
- Participates in establishing operating procedures on new products and components
- Assists in the development of test procedures and performance of routine to moderately complex engineering evaluation tests, product and process capability studies, quality audits, product or project data reviews, and other engineering evaluation work
- Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention based on standard or accepted solutions
- Prepares evaluation reports, analyzes discrepancies, and makes recommendations for product, test equipment, procedures and manufacturing or operating processes that increase producibility, improve quality, and reduce flowtime
- Assists in the preparation of product or project definitions, manufacturing drawings and specifications, and test equipment designs
- Defines and acquires tooling, gaging and other equipment necessary to manufacture parts and to assure product quality
- Interacts with design agencies, suppliers and/or internal organizations to assist in resolving design, development, production and acceptance issues
- Provides technical assistance in appropriate assigned field
- May perform other duties as required
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment
You Must Have:
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain a US Department of Energy Q level security clearance
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Aerospace or Industrial
- Engineering, from an ABET accredited institution or BS Physics from an accredited program
- Minimum of 6 years of applicable technical experience
- Effective verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies, including Six Sigma
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.