Sr. NDT Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
111 S 34th St.
Phoenix, AZ 85034, US
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
This role will be a lab-based role in which the NDT engineer will work with a team of engineers and technicians to support non-destructive test engineering inspection on a variety of Honeywell products both mechanical and electrical in nature. Beyond the primary lab responsibilities you will work closely with the global NDT special process team to provide engineering support for Honeywell’s suppliers, develop inspection methods, advance NDT technologies and method automation, and provide documentation support for drawing and spec changes, among other thing. Aspects of the job include planning, coordinating, and communicating (verbal and written) NDT results to a broad customer base ranging from raw material Suppliers to our Aftermarket Channel Partners.
- Develop and apply NDE techniques to existing and advanced Honeywell Aerospace products
- Participate in externally funded NDE Development programs
- Provide support to Project and Design groups for new and existing programs
- Work with the applicable engine program to develop field inspection techniques and train personnel at aftermarket inspection facilities
- Responsible for Procedure and Report writing
- Involved in Specification and Standards writing
- Approving new equipment and maintaining current equipment
- Assist in training personnel for certification purposes
- Participate in industry committees to enhance Honeywell’s position with NDE Standards (SAE, AIA, ASTM, Nadcap, Etc.)
- Provide production, supplier, and field support as required
- Travel both domestically and international (10% travel)
YOU MUST HAVE
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering or NDE)
- 8 years of engineering experience
- 3 years’ experience in VG Studio Max Software or similar 3D modeling software
- Certifiable as a Level 3 in Ultrasonic and Eddy Current in accordance with NAS410 / EN4179 or equivalent
- Familiarity and or certification in other NDE methods
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including proposal, presentation and reporting skills)
- Strong team working skills. Able to work in a variety of cross-functional team roles
- Motivated self-starter
- NDT Level 3 certified in Ultrasonic and Eddy Current inspection methods or Level 2 in Ultrasonic and Eddy Current and capable of becoming a Level 3
- Experience with Computed Tomography (CT) with extensive knowledge of VG Studio Max software
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 111 S 34th St., Phoenix, AZ 85034 USA
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.