Sr Proposal Specialist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
3079 Premiere Pkwy Ste 100
Duluth, GA 30097, US
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Honeywell is looking for a Future Shaper to join us in breaking the mold of what cities, campuses and buildings will achieve! Honeywell has been focused on energy efficiency for over 100 years with innovative building technologies that have defined the world’s infrastructure. Today we are redefining the future once again and we are looking for innovators with vison, tenacity and focus to achieve these goals.
You will help drive the future by integrating traditional energy conservation measures with a connected building operating system that uses AI, machine learning and outcome-based solutions to create flexible ecosystems focused on customer needs. As a trusted advisor, the outcomes you provide will help customers tell their story of reducing operating expenses, energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions, while at the same time improving comfort, productivity, efficiency and the safety of the environments they work in.
Are you in search for an opportunity that breeds challenge, autonomy for creativity and a path to success? If so, you can stop looking because Honeywell has opened a position for a Federal Proposal Technical Writer for our Federal Energy Business
This Proposal Technical Writer position is responsible for writing content for our federal proposals in support of the Federal Sales team as part of the Honeywell Federal Energy business. The Proposal Writer works under the direction of a Proposal Manager and works closely with the Sales, Engineering and Project Management teams to write technical narrative in a style that is compliant with solicitation requirements and is easily understandable by federal government employees who are technical and non-technical reviewers and evaluators.
- After reviewing federal proposal requirements in RFPs, NOOs, RFIs, and other solicitations, develops writer templates for engineering, project management and sales professionals to write initial drafts for various proposal sections.
- Takes preliminary writeups from engineering, project management and sales teams to create updated narratives to address the federal government’s requirements and does it a manner that creates a winning proposal document.
- Interviews subject matter experts to translate technical information into federal proposal quality content for both technical and non-technical reviewer/evaluators.
- Works with graphics specialists to ensure graphics enhance the narrative documentation in support of creating a winning proposal document.
- Participates in proposal kick-off meetings, proposal team meetings and cadence calls.
- Works closely with sales, engineering team and project management team to update and or rewrite sections of a federal proposal as a result of various proposal review milestones (Color team reviews).
- Provides final narrative content to Proposal Manager and/or Proposal Coordinator for final publishing and production.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time
YOU MUST HAVE
- Minimum of 5 years of business and technical writing, proofing and editing experience
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with Government / Federal MATOC, IDIQ, RFIs, RFPs, RFQs, or preliminary assessment, proposal technical writing
- Bachelor's degree in English, Business, Marketing, Communications, Technical Writing
- Foundational APMP, Shipley, or Professional Proposal Training
- US Citizen required for federal projects
- A valid Driver’s License
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance
- Construction, building technologies, or energy solutions experience
- Proposal experience with performance contracting, ESPC, EPC, or UESC
- Energy, Water and other facility related infrastructure experience gained from energy services industry experience or other means
- Supplemental degree or experience in technical field preferred
- Ability to do research on subject matter pertaining to proposal content
- Ability to work in a large, highly matrixed, global environment with multiple functions and disciplines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe software such as Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, OneNote, OneDrive, Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Illustrator, In-Design, Photoshop and Acrobat Pro,
- Sampling of proposals written will be required
- Category: Customer Experience
- Location: 3079 Premiere Pkwy Ste 100, Duluth, GA 30097 USA