Sr. Quality Engineer - Supplier Quality Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
6700 W 115th St
Overland Park, KS 66211, US
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
***This position is in Kansas City, MO***
Summary of Duties:
- Participates or leads teams to provide quality input for the development, manufacture, procurement, and acceptance of a variety of products and assemblies
- Develops methods and writes detailed instructions for inspection processes
- Coordinates the design of product acceptance equipment and the ordering of testers, gages, and equipment to support product acceptance
- Provides technical assistance to inspection areas
- Develops and monitors quality metrics, levels, and trends
- Analyzes and makes recommendations regarding product discrepancies
- Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention and implements specific and preventative corrective actions
- Develops test procedures and performs evaluation tests, capability studies, quality audits, data reviews, and other engineering evaluations utilizing Six Sigma methodology
- Interacts as the quality engineer, with immediate product team, customers, suppliers, designers, and others to assist in resolving design, development, production, and acceptance issues
- Provides technical consultation to management and others, and leads technical project teams
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment. Take necessary actions to stop work when an unsafe condition or situation is identified. Every associate has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified
- Some travel (approximately 10%) is required
You Must Have:
- U.S. citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy Q-level security clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineer or related engineering discipline from an ABET accredited institution/program is required
- Six or more years of experience in Engineering or related technical activities"
- Existing DOE Q-Clearance desirable
- Ability to analyze engineering drawings and specifications to develop effective acceptance processes and improve existing processes
- Demonstrated ability to lead quality improvement projects
- Familiarity with Six Sigma tools and methodology; Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Effective verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to influence others to accomplish complex tasks and solve complex technical problems
- Ability and willingness to drive change and challenge / improve existing processes
- Demonstrated project management/leadership skills; ability to evaluate situations, determine corrective measures, plan and lead other employees and suppliers to execute plans to meet customer deliverables
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.