Telemetry Electrical Engineer II Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
14520 Botts Road
Kansas City, MO 64147, US
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
***This position is in Kansas City, MO***
The Telemetry Electrical Engineer II will provide technical support for, and work with production telemetry technicians to produce, products that support the NNSA surveillance program with Joint flight testing hardware used to assess the performance of every nuclear weapon system in the United States stockpile. This position is responsible for product maturation through the design development stage to prepare for and ensure sustained production.
Summary of Duties:
- Develops/grows/maintains relationships with design agencies, support organizations and internal/external customer representatives
- Supports evaluations of the acceptability of designs, processes and materials in conjunction with other Telemetry engineers, design agency, quality, and other affected organizations
- Assists in the preparation of product/project definitions, manufacturing drawings and specifications, and test equipment designs. Actively participates in design reviews, collaboration meetings and Product Realization Teams
- With more experienced engineers, plans and performs testing/development activities and uses statistical and scientific methods to evaluate, address and resolve engineering and production problems and assure product manufacturability
- Writes technical reports on results and conclusions drawn from experiments conducted and incorporates findings in formal specifications
- Evaluates, proposes and (after approval) implements innovations and technological advances that improve quality, reduce flow time, improve productivity, and enhance operational surety
- Supports rapid resolution of component, system and flight test anomalies through research, development and execution of experiments, and collaboration with internal and external technical resources
- Interacts with design agency, telemetry staff and/or supplier counterparts to resolve moderate to complex design, development, production and acceptance issues
You Must Have:
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active US Depart of Energy ""Q"" level security clearance
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited Engineering program
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time
- Two or more years of experience in electrical engineering or related technical activities, such as manufacturing, inspection, troubleshooting or processing, including application of advanced engineering principles and technology related to complex technical assignments
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering
- Direct experience with a variety of test equipment used to troubleshoot and repair electrical devices
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to positively influence others and create a passion for excellence
- Exhibits a bias for action with follow through on commitments and multitasking that results in high customer service performance
- Telemetry product experience and expertise
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both technical and business information to all levels of leadership
- Demonstrated commitment to Six Sigma/Lean methodologies, quality, ES&H and Honeywell core values at work and in the community
- Experience leading projects to successful outcomes
- Familiarity with project management concepts and tools
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Lean Expert certification
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.